Written with corporate regulatory compliance officers, health and safety managers, loss control managers, and human resource specialists in mind, this book offers workplace-tested strategies for meeting the health and safety needs of a modern corporation. Emphasizing the practical means of achieving compliance with OSHA regulations, this book also provides a unique assessment of the more extensive factors that influence the management of workplace health and safety. The integration of practical regulation strategies with corporate objectives is particularly relevant to graduate curricula in business management, public policy, and occupational medicine.
* Provides practical guidelines for industrial compliance with major OSHA regulations
* Presents concise explanations of technical and scientific concepts underlying regulatory requirements
* Integrates specific examples of the global economy's influence on the design and implementation of workplace health and safety
* Elucidates the effects of health and safety programs on financial and legal risk management practices in industry
* Includes explanations of practical alternative compliance strategies for company health and safety officers