Making More Money From Your Farm
In a world where markets, technology and climates are changing as never before, it is not enough for today's farmer to do things as they have always been done. But change need not be bad news. This book shows that for the farmer who is willing to think laterally and has planned ahead, there are many new opportunities for making money from the land - whether by changing the core business of a farm or simply diversifying for extra income and security.
It features a comprehensive survey of new enterprise possibilities, but more importantly it explains why change might be warranted and how to change with the minimum of risk.
Topics covered include:
- specialised crops and livestock
- farm tourism
- reducing costs through self-sufficiency and energy conservation
- long-term planning and management of resources
- value adding to produce
- dealing with degraded land
- working with climate change.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 09 / 1999
- 135 x 210mm