Critically acclaimed for more than 25 years, the Methods in Cell Biology series provides an indispensable tool for the researcher. Each volume is carefully edited by experts to contain state-of-the-art reviews and step-by-step protocols. Techniques are described completely so that methods are made accessible to users.
* Describes both well-established and novel recombinant vector systems for expression of proteins
* Presents methods for efficient delivery of recombinant genes into differentiated cells, tissues, and whole animals
* Covers high-level and inducible systems, plus assays for protein expression
* Provides beginning and advanced investigators and students with the information they need to choose the optimal viral or plasmid system for their protein
* Practical, benchtop-style presentation works in lab and in the classroom