The most comprehensive and detailed treatment of thermal radiation heat transfer available for graduate students, as well as senior undergraduate students, practicing engineers and physicists
is enhanced by an excellent writing style with nice historical highlights and a clear and consistent notation throughout. Modest presents radiative heat transfer and its interactions with other modes of heat transfer in a coherent and integrated manner emphasizing the fundamentals. Numerous worked examples, a large number of problems, many based on real world situations, and an up-to-date bibliography make the book especially suitable for independent study. Instructors solutions are available via website to qualified users.
· Extensive solution manual for adopting instructors
· Most complete text in the field of radiative heat transfer
· Many worked examples and end-of-chapter problems
· Large number of computer codes (in Fortran and C++), ranging from basic problem solving aids to sophisticated research tools
· Covers experimental methods