'Happy people understand, either instinctively or because they have been taught, that the name of the game is to enjoy life rather than think about it. If you are constantly analyzing or keeping score of your life, you will always be able to find fault in whatever you are doing.'
Revolutionary in its simplicity and accessible to all, 'Stop Thinking, Start Living' offers profound short-term, common-sense methods that allow you to let go of negativity and tap into your natural state of wellbeing.
In this indispensable handbook, Richard Carlson demonstrates how we can change everything in our lives - earn more money, meet new friends, get a new job - yet still feel dissatisfied. Happiness, he says, is not "out there" but within a state of mind that is independent of circumstance: "If you begin to see that you thoughts are not the real thing - they're just thoughts and as thought they can't hurt you - your entire life will begin to change today."
Carlson's step-by-step guide explains:
- How your thoughts determine how you feel
- Why thinking about problems only makes them worse
- That thoughts come and go - you are free to choose at any moment which you hold on to and which thoughts you let go of
- Straightforward methods for conquering depression
- How to dismiss negative thoughts and discover inner contentment
- How to overcomer lifelong pessimism and start really living
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 05 / 2003
- 130 x 197mm