Celebrating the Great Traditions of Christian Faith
In 'Streams of Living Water' Richard Foster prepares to strengthen and enrich the spiritual lives of readers with a unique and comprehensive xploration of the major traditions at the core of Christian practice.
In 'Streams of Living Water', the Great Traditions of Christian faith unfold:
- Contemplative - the prayer-filled life
- Holiness - the virtuous life
- Charismatic - the Spirit-empowered life
- Social Justice - the compassionate life
- Evangelical - the Word-centred life
- Incarnational - the sacramental life
Each of these great historical movements emphasises a different aspect of life and faith. Foster examines the unique contributions of these traditions, and offers as examples the inspiring stories of faithful people whose lives defined each of these "streams".
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 11 / 1999
- 134 x 215mm