This book presents a fresh, new approach to systems analysis and modeling with a systems science flavor that stimulates systems thinking. After introducing systems modeling principles, the ensuing wide selection of examples aptly illustrate that anything which changes over time can be modeled as a system. Each example begins with a knowledge base that displays relevant information obtained from systems analysis. The diversity of examples clearly establishes a new protocol for synthesizing systems models.
* Macro-to-micro, top-down approach
* Multidisciplinary examples
* Incorporation of human knowledge to synthesise a systems model
* Clear and concise systems delimitation
* Complex systems using simple mathematics
* "Exact" reproduction of historical data plus model generated secondary data
* Systems simulation via systems models