A Detailed Survey of Over 60 Marine Fishes Suitable for a First Collection.
Marine tropical fishes are among the most colourful creatures that share our planet. They look stunning in a home aquarium and, given the right conditions, can thrive for many years. This book presents a stunning collection for beginners to try.
The fishes are presented in family groups, complete with maps that reflect their natural distribution. Full details are provided about the aquarium conditions they need, including their food requirements and compatibility with other fishes.
- Colourful juveniles: Many juvenile stages outshine their parents with their patterns and colours.
- Mini beauties: Even small tropical marine fishes have a charm and beauty to entice the eye.
- Amazing designs: Some tropical marine fishes put on a fantastic show of spots and stripes.
- Mixing salt: A practical introduction explains briefly how to keep marine fishes in a home aquarium.
- Wide variety: Featured fishes include anemonefishes, damsels, angels, butterflyfishes, wrasses, tangs, groupers, cardinals and filefishes.
- Close-up full colour photographs of the featured marine tropical fishes
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 01 / 2001
- 250 x 177mm