Recognizing the unique needs of the technology startup, Duening focuses on intellectual property development, funding, and marketing/selling more than other texts in this market. Extensive use of technology examples, case studies, and assignments keeps the book relevant and motivating for engineering students. A full supplements package, including instructor manual and lecture notes, makes it easy to get the course up and running.
* Rich in case studies, examples, and in-chapter elements that focus on the challenges of launching and operating a technology venture
* In-depth examination of intellectual property development, valuation, deal structuring, and equity preservation, issues of most relevance to technology start-ups
* Extensive discussion of technology management and continuous innovation as a competitive advantage
* Addresses the issue of leading, managing, motivating, and compensating technical workers
* More time on the fundamentals of marketing and selling, as these are elements of entrepreneurshipcommonly most neglected by engineers and scientists