Learn to make every moment a once-in-a-lifetime experience with this definitive guide to the Japanese art of ichigo ichie, from the bestselling authors of IKIGAI.
'I love [this] book... I read it and it's bewitched me ever since. I'm spellbound' (Chris Evans, Radio 2)
'IKIGAI urges individuals to simplify their lives by pursuing what sparks joy for them' (Marie '' Kondo)
Every moment in our life happens only once, and if we let it slip away, we lose it forever--an idea captured by the Japanese phrase ichigo ichie. Often spoken in Japan when greeting someone or saying goodbye, to convey that the encounter is unique and special, it is a tenet of Zen Buddhism and is attributed to a sixteenth-century master of the Japanese tea ceremony, or 'ceremony of attention', whose intricate rituals compel us to focus on the present moment.
THE BOOK OF ICHIGO-ICHIE: THE ART OF LIVING OF MAKING THE MOST OF EVERY MOMENT, THE JAPANESE WAY is an inspirational work which shows us how to:
* Free ourselves from the past and the future and to make each moment something unique.
* Bring into our lives the Zen that Steve Jobs learned from a Japanese master, and which was key to his success.
* Turn coincidences into a tool for conscious magic.
* Create unforgettable moments in professional and personal circles.
* Improve our relationships with a new type of mindfulness.
* Open the floodgates to the flow of creativity whenever we need it.
THE BOOK OF ICHIGO ICHIE will help you find your ikigai.