'Peanuts', 'Batman' and other cartoon classics bring laughter and excitement to children of all ages. Cartooning may look like kid stuff, but it's a legitimate and rigorous art form requiring both discipline and talent.
You don't have to possess powers beyond those of mere mortals to create a comic strip or panel! This book will show you how to draw every type of 'toon imaginable - and how to bring it to life.
In this book you get:
- Tools of the trade - from pencils, crayons and inks to mechanical tints, computer software, and more.
- Drawing exercises that teach basic shapes and anatomy for properly proportioned characters.
- Ideas for how and where to submit your work - cartoon syndicates, comic book publishers, animation studios, and others.
- The lowdown on legalities such as copyrights, trademarks, and work for hire.
- Learn to illustrate with imagination - from simple sketches to fully realised graphics
- Give your characters style and personality
- Discover how to use costumed, body language, and props
- Achieve maximum movement by animation your creations
- Set up an at-home studio
- Find the right publisher to showcase your cartoons - or published them yourself
- Create everything from comic strip cartoons to edgy manga characters
Enter the wonderful world of cartooning today!
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 12 / 2003
- 214 x 273mm