Part of the 'Complete Idiot's Guide' series.
Includes Audio CD.
You know the guitar is a difficult instrument to learn - and it's more than just plucking strings. To become proficient, professional musicians spend years studying and practicing. But you don't have to enroll in music college! This book shows you exactly how to start strumming songs from this classic instrument!
In this newly revised and updated guide you get:
- The anatomy of a guitar - identifying all components - and how to string and tune its properly
- Practice techniques - from scales to full pieces
- Expanded coverage on musical styles - from folk to flamenco to blues
- All-new audio CD with 83 tracks and 125 practice pieces including verbal instructions, page reference, and identifying title for each piece
Improve your musicianship - and your creativity:
- Discover the history of the guitar from ancient Egypt to contemporary America
- Learn how to read notes and chords
- Learn a wide variety of right-hand techniques
- Find out how guitar music is written
- Play the music you love to listen to
- Listen to practice tracks played by the pros - and play along with them
- Hear and learn to play different guitar styles
- Publication Date:
- 14 / 08 / 2001
- 216 x 277mm