Creativity is fun. It's also big business. But how do you turn creativity into money - cash, capital and profit? It is not just having a bright idea that counts - it's what you do with it.
John Howkins, a leading expert on creative business, shows us what creativity really is, gives the hard data on its global turnover ($2.2 trillion a year) and outlines the key rules for success.
The rules include:
- Invent yourself - Be unique
- Own your ideas, understand copyright and patents
- Know when to work alone, and when in a group
- Learn endlessly - Borrow, reinvent and recycle
- Exploit fame and celebrity
- Know when to break the rules
Whether in film or fashion, software or shoes, by focusing on our individual talents we can all make creativity pay.
- Publication Date:
- 24 / 07 / 2002
- 129 x 198mm