The over 10,000 entries in this comprehensive Dictionary of Cell and Molecular Biology provide clear and concise definitions for anyone working in life sciences today. It incorporates related terms from neuroscience, genetics, microbiology, immunology, pathology, and physiology. This fourth revised edition reflects the enormous changes brought about by the explosion of new technologies, especially high throughput approaches and functional genomics. As a result, this edition is over 30% larger than the previous edition, with 3400 new entries. As with the prior edition, additions are reflective of online search queries performed by users of the dictionary. The entries in this authoritative work have been widely praised for their clarity, brevity, and accuracy throughout. The Dictionary of Cell and Molecular Biology features numerous tables and other useful features.
* Thoroughly revised and expanded by over 30% with 3400 new entries
* Expanded coverage of areas greatly impacted by genomics
* Includes new terms that relate to the recent elucidation of underlying mechanisms of cell cycle regulation, apoptosis, relationship between mitochondria and disease, metabolic control, and stem cell biology
* Consistently provides the most complete short definitions of technical terminology for anyone working in life sciences today
* Extensively cross-referenced
* Provides multiple definitions, notes on word origins, and other useful features