A Comprehensive Visual Guide to Traditional and Contemporary Techniques.
A comprehensive A-Z on all the techniques you will ever need to make beautiful quilted and patchwork items. Includes tips on how to achieve great results in half the time.
- Introduction: Anatomy of the quilt; equipment; templates and stencils; materials; working it out.
- Blocks: Block construction; four patch blocks; nine patch blocks; irregular blocks; log cabin.
- Rotary Cutting: Making basic shapes; speed piecing; Seminole patchwork; string patchwork.
- Special Effects: Piping; wave panel and prairie points; Suffolk puffs; biscuit patchwork; folded star patchwork; cathedral window; crazy patchwork; English patchwork.
- Appliqué: Designing for hand appliqué; machine appliqué; reverse appliqué; appliqué perse; shadow appliqué; Hawaiian appliqué; stained glass appliqué.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 02 / 2006
- 222 x 223mm