Motivating People To Be Winners.
For more than thirty years renowned business consultant and top selling author Ken Blanchard, and legendary NFL coach Don Shula, have motivated teams to achieve excellence. In this book they team up together to share their secrets for inspiring others to greatness.
At the heart of the book is a simple acronym ("COACH") that describes the qualities of an effective leader:
- Conviction-drive - never compromise your beliefs
- Overlearning - practice until it's perfect
- Audible-ready - know when to change
- Consistency - respond predictably to performance
- Honesty-based - walk your talk
Using a highly effective "tag-team" approach, Blanchard and Shula impart the five leadership secrets behind this acronym: Shula explains how each coach concept works on the field, and then Blanchard explains how you can apply each concept to a leadership situation.