Authoritative and completely up-to-date, this regiment-by-regiment survey traces the origins and history of Scotland's fighting men. The book covers their organisation in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries through to their participation in the campaigns in the Falklands and the Gulf.
For each regiment features, details are given of:
- Regimental history
- Regimental badge and motto
- Tartans and clan affiliations
- Battle honours and Victoria Cross winners
- Regimental music and toasts
- Allied and affiliated regiments
The text of this edition fully reflects the regimental amalgamations and other organisational changes that affected the Scottish Regiments in the early 1980s.