By a bestselling author: the true-and untold-story behind the planning and execution of the Iraq War.
Yossef Bodansky is one of the world's premier experts on the Middle East - a longtime consultant to the American and Israeli governments, and the director of the Congressional Task Force on Terrorism and Unconventional Warfare for over a decade.
In his new book, Bodansky pulls back the curtain on the extraordinary diplomatic story that led to the 2003 war in lraq-a story that reveals the secret roles played by the Israelis, Russians, and numerous other forces in planning, timing, and executing the campaign.
From North Korea's role in the war to the actions of Saddam in the weeks before his capture, Bodansky's book unveils information that has been kept from the public-until now, including:
- The Syrian support for the Iraqi war effort
- The Russian attempt to instigate an anti-Saddam military coup in Baghdad and its betrayal by the U.S.
- Iraq's cooperation with bin Laden and other terrorist groups
- The truth about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction capabilities and intentions
- The Iraqi contingency plans on the eve of the war
- Why and how Saddam survived the two "decapitation" raids
- Saddam's desperate attempts to evade capture-including untold stories of his near-miss
encounter with US troops
Drawn from scores of sources with intimate knowledge of the progress, 'Secret History Of The Iraq War' will rewrite the history of the most controversial American war since Vietnam.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 06 / 2004
- 191 x 230mm