A completely revised edition of this popular, small format atlas in the authoritative and highly respected Times range.
All the mapping and information in this revised edition has been brought fully up to date to give an accurate picture of today's world. The atlas now includes a new map of the world's physical features.
Detailed reference maps in the distinctive and respected Times style provide balanced, systematic coverage of all parts of the world. Each continent is introduced by a political map showing individual countries, followed by regional maps showing in detail towns and cities, roads, railways, international boundaries and topography.
The introductory section presents a fully revised and up-to-date guide to the states and territories of the world with national flags and statistics on area and population, as well as details of languages, religions and currencies. Thematic maps and statistics on major world themes, including population, climate and communications have been updated to give a complete picture of the world today. The index includes references to over 25,000 place names.
This is a complete world reference atlas in a convenient and easy-to use format, retaining the authority, style and detail of the larger atlases in the range.
- Completely revised edition with mapping and thematic information brought fully up to date
- New map of the world's physical features
- The authority and tradition of the world's leading atlas range
- Detailed guide to the world's states and territories
- A complete world reference atlas at a convenient size
- Index to over 25,000 entries