This new edition of the Times Desktop Atlas of the World has been fully revised to bring all the maps and geographical information completely up-to-date. As with all the atlases in the Times range it offers great authority, outstanding quality and attention to detail.
Detailed up-to-date maps in the distinctive and respected Times style provide balanced, systematic coverage of all parts of the world. Each continent is introduced by a political map showing individual countries, followed by regional maps showing towns and cities, roads, railways, international boundaries and topography.
The introductory section covers major world geographical themes - from earthquakes and volcanoes to population growth, communications and climate change - giving a global snapshot of our contemporary world.
The extensive index to over 25 000 place names illustrates the scope of this world atlas which is ideal for home and business use
Main features include:
* Authoritative Times mapping of the whole world
* Geographical reference section with flags, statistics and facts for the world's states and territories
* Statistics and world maps on major geographical themes, including population, cities, climate, the environment and telecommunications
* Unique 16 page full of thousands of world facts and figures.
* Index to over 25,000 place names
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 05 / 2012
- 246 x 189mm