We need a certain amount of fat in our diet for general health and it is a valuable source of energy. However, most of us eat more fat than we need. Eating too much saturated fat encourages the body to make more cholesterol than it needs and a high cholesterol level can increase the likelihood of coronary heart disease.
A lower fat diet has benefits of weightloss and reduction in the risk of heart disease. This book contains easy ways to cut down fat and saturated fat, and provides ideas for healthy, nutritional balanced meals..
- Over 220 delicious low cholesterol and low fat dishes
- Easy-to-follow, step-by-step format
- Recipes for all occasions, from weekday meals to special celebrations
- Starters and snacks
- Delicious, healthy main courses
- Tempting desserts
- Wonderful cakes, biscuits and breads
- Calorie values and nutritional information for every dish
- Every finished dish is illustrated with a beautiful full colour photograph
- Publication Date:
- 09 / 02 / 2000
- 222 x 291mm