From Meredith Goldstein, the author of the Boston Globe's hilarious 'Love Letters' advice column, comes her debut novel The Wedding Guests. This light-hearted, witty tale about five tricky wedding guests is perfect for fans of the box office smash hit comedy Bridesmaids.One wedding. Five nightmare guests. Five ways to ruin the happiest day of someone else's life:
- Cry uncontrollably over your ex in front of the bride and mix calming herbal remedies with copious amounts of alcohol so that it's hard to stand up - especially if you're a bridesmaid
- Dress like you are attending a funeral and look for opportunities to re-enact scenes from steamy novels
- Turn up late wearing a T-shirt covered in mud and something that looks like blood
- If you are the bride's uncle, who no one likes anyway, try to cop off with her friend who's way too young for you
- Wear a suit that stinks of chicken wings and then spend the whole reception propping up the barWho said going to a wedding solo couldn't be fun?The Wedding Guests is a heart-warming and hilarious tale of what not to do at a wedding.Meredith Goldstein writes for the Boston Globe and is the author of its hugely popular advice column 'Love Letters' where she dishes out pearls of wisdom to the lovelorn. She was born in New Jersey and now lives in Massachusetts.
- Publication Date:
- 19 / 07 / 2012