The Definitive Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming in the Language of the World Wide Web.
Beginner - Advanced Level Users.
Includes Web Site.
From the fundamentals of Java syntax to its most advanced features (network programming, advanced object-oriented capabilities, multi-threading), this book is designed to teach. Bruce Eckel's readable style and small, direct programming examples make even the most arcane concepts clear.
- Teaches Java linguistics, not platform-dependent mechanics
- Covers the most important aspects of Java 1.2: Swing and the new collections
- Thorough coverage of advanced Java topics: network programming, multithreading, virtual machine performance, and connection to non-Java code
- 320 working Java programs, 15,000+ lines of code
- Explains sound object-oriented principles, from inheritance to design patterns
- Source code and continuously-updated, electronic version of the book freely available on the World Wide Web