The first edition of the Time Out South of France Guide give you the insider's view of Le Midi, from the wide open spaces of the Camargue to the glitz of the Riviera. With colour photographs throughout and 24 pages of regional and city maps, the guide offers a lively, informed account of the history and culture of the South and picks out the best places to eat, sleep, shop, party and work that tan.
The South of France Guide includes:
- Comprehensive area-by-area round-ups, each with a critical selection of sights, museums, hotels, restaurants and bars
- Extensive arts and entertainment information, with a complete calendar of the major festivals
- Gourmet tips on Provencal food and wine: an eating-out overview, vineyards to visit and the definitive recipe for bouillabaisse
- Where to find the landscapes that inspired Van Gogh and Cezanne
- How to blag your way into the Cannes Film Festival, and where to enjoy soccer in Marseille or socca in Nice