The second edition of this guide has been comprehensively revised and updated by leading writers who live and work in this most romantic of cities. It leads you through Venice's famous sights and on into the magical labyrinth beyond: down tiny alleyways to echoing churches filled with art treasures, stopping en route at the restaurants and bars that only Venetians know.
The guide tells you how to:
- Eat like a Venetian: how to avoid the ubiquitous menu turistico
- Drink like a Venetian: know you ombra from your spritz
- Shop like a Venetian: learn to distinguish glass and lace handmade on the Lagoon from cheapie imports
- Row like a Venetian: the secrets of gondolier-style rowing - and where to buy wellies when the tide rises
- Live like a Venetian: full accommodation listings, plus extensive maps and all the practical information you'll need to feel at home
. . .all with details of opening times and prices.
- Publication Date:
- 28 / 04 / 2003
- 129 x 198mm