'Unlocking The Law' is a completely new series of textbooks with a unique approach to undergraduate study of law. From its conception, the series has been designed specifically so that the subject matter is readable - students are not overwhelmed with page after page of continuous prose.
The text of each title is broken up with features and activities that have been written to ensure that students are pointed in the right direction when it comes to understanding the purpose of different areas within the course. Ultimately the accessible style of 'Unlocking The Law' will ensure that students not only understand fully the concepts required but are able to apply them with competence.
All titles in the series follow the same format and include the same features so that students can move easily from one law subject to another. The series covers all the core subjects required by the Bar Council and the Law Society for entry onto professional qualifications and will expand to include more titles on option areas.
- Numerous headings and sub-headings to direct students easily to the specific area of study required.
- Cases separated from the main text with full citation for easy access.
- Highlighted key extracts from judgments.
- Highlighted key extracts from academic sources such as leading texts or articles in legal journals with full citation.
- Summary charts of key facts.
- Diagrams, flow charts and other key visual aids.
- Activities including practice of specific undergraduate skills and learning tasks.