Handwriting is one of the most crucial skills students will develop in primary school. Targeting Handwriting covers the handwriting curriculum in a clear and structured way, with content linked to Victorian CSF II outcomes. The Prep Student Book has lots of activities to do on every page.
The book includes:
- Patterning exercises allow students to become familiar with the basic movements used in letter formation, and assist in the development of fine motor skills.
- Two pages of tracing, tracking and independent writing activities for each letter provide students with plenty of practice in letter formation.
- A seahorse character demonstrates the positioning of letters within lines, the number of strokes required for each letter is highlighted, and the focus letter is also featured within a simple illustration as a memory aid for students.
- A handy student reference for pencil grip and paper position is included on the inside back cover
- Fun and colourful alphabet on the back cover.
Writing is a vital, compelling form of communication. To be competent writers, their handwriting needs to be fluent and legible. The teaching of handwriting is an essential part of the writing curriculum. Regular practice, three to four times a week, in fine motor skills and in letter formation will ensure the development of good handwriting habits. This series supplies teachers with a comprehensive range of ideas and experiences that will enable young children to develop find motor skills and to become fluent, legible and competent practitioners of the Victorian Modern Cursive handwriting style.