As any woman pregnant with twins (or more) would attest, multiple pregnancies come with their own set of complications and require special prenatal care not always prescribed by OB-GYNs. Written in a practical, user-friendly style, When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads fills an important gap for families expecting multiples, with clear guidelines regarding physical activity, nutrition, and monitoring fetal growth, as well as signs and symptoms of potential complications. The book is based on Dr. Luke's very successful program, which has been proven to significantly lower complications that may arise, resulting in much healthier babies -- some weighing 20-35% more than the average multiple!
In this third revised edition, every aspect of pregnancy and postpartum is covered, including information on:
* finding a qualified maternal/fetal medicine specialist
* dietary guidelines for maximising birth weight
* safe limits on exercise, physical activity, and work
* taking a leave from your job and negotiating the best deal
* reducing your risks for pregnancy complications
* recognising the signs of preterm labor and what to do about them
* what to expect during and after delivery
* feeding and caring for your newborns...and yourself
* getting back into shape after delivery
Throughout the book, anecdotal stories and testimonies from mothers of multiples provide encouragement and support for mums-to-be and their families.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 06 / 2012
- 235 x 187mm