154 x 233 x 42mm
The Complete Guide to Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing.
In this book international bestselling author Dr Christiane Northrup provides a breakthrough approach to living with and learning from the menopause. She shows that the menopause can be a wonderfully life-affirming time of personal and positive energy - a time for women to break free and thrive.
Christiane Northrup explains that "the change" is not simply a collection of physical problems that need to be fixed, but a mind-body revolution that brings the greatest opportunity for personal growth since adolescence. Drawing on her own life-changing experiences and those of others, this important new book:
- Examines the connection between menopause and a woman's emotional and spiritual life
- Shows how menopause "rewires" the brain to trigger a shift from parenting and caretaking to personal growth, creativity and equality
- Discusses how the body adjusts naturally to changing hormones and how to make informed decisions about HRT and alternative supplements
- Explains how to rebalance metabolic shifts, avoid weight gain and deal with the myths and realities of sexual change
- Shows how to prevent long-term health problems such as heart disease, hormone-related cancers and memory loss
Candid and reassuring, this book gives you all the information you need about the perimenopause and the menopause.