Whether you manage a department, oversee a division, lead a company - or run a family business with just one employee - there's an essential principle to follow that's too often overlooked: What most motivates the people who work for you is recognition.
A chock-full guide to rewards for every conceivable type for every conceivable situation, '1001 Ways To Reward Employees' polls the whole of the American business community, finding innovative ideas in every corner; from the spontaneous gestures of praise to formal company-wide programs, it presents hundreds of ways to say thank you to the people who truly deserve it.
Thinking past the praise and the promotion:
- Workers who must stay late at Time Inc get cab fare home
- Marion Laboratories annually takes all employees and guests to see a Kansas City Royals game
- Home Depot's Employee-of-the-Month Award gives honorees $100 merit badge - and engraves his or her name on a plaque
- At Busch Gardens-Tampa, employees who offer exceptional service to guests receive a "scratch-off" card yielding various rewards
- Every Christmas, The Walt Disney Company opens Disneyland for employees and families only - with executives running the park
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 11 / 1999
- 130 x 250mm