The Everyman Shakespeare.
This is the most authoritative, up-to-date edition of the plays and poems. Uniquely among existing editions it provides:
- Face-to-face text and notes
- A chronology of Shakespeare's life and times
- A rich selection of critical and theatrical responses to the play over the centuries
- Text derived from the earliest printings, often preserving puns and wordplay otherwise lost
- Foreword by an actor or theatre director describing the play in the performance
- Up-to-date commentary on the structure, atmosphere and content of the play and on its sources and influences