247 x 287 x 16mm
Natural Balance in Eastern Living.
With its origins in countries as diverse as Japan and Bali, Thailand and Sri Lanka, an Asian aesthetic has taken root in the West. Many of the world's leading designers such as John Pawson, Christian Liaigre and Anouska Hempel have been drawn to it, sharing a desire to create interiors with a sense of harmony and balance and reflecting the East's use of natural materials.
'Asian Elements' provides fresh, distinctive decorating inspiration for indoors and outdoors in the contemporary home, drawing out the fascinating link between materials and design, as well as the cultural and spiritual dimensions which underpin Asian thought. Appropriate for, and utterly in tune with, today's softened minimalism, the interiors are unified by a "less is more" philosophy, in which the use of wood, ceramics, natural fibres, stone and water predominate.
- 'Air' examines the use of space and light
- 'Earth' uncovers the uses made of materials that come from the earth - be they plants, clay or stone
- 'Water' looks at the varied uses of water inside and outside the home
- 'Fire' focuses on materials transformed by fire: metal, glass, ceramics - and even food
- 'Wood' looks at different furniture and the wide range of wood-related materials, from bamboo to rattan, and includes textiles