Following the world-wide success of 'Asterix And The Actress', everyone's favourite character returns. Vintage Asterix! Here are 14 new stories!
The year is 50 BC. Gaul is entirely occupied by the Romans. Well, not entirely . . . one small village of indomitable Gauls still holds out against the invaders. And life is not easy for the Roman legionaires who garrison the fortified camps of Totorum, Aquarium, Laudanum and Compendium . . .
Meet Asterix, the hero of these adventures, a shrewd, cunning little warrior, his inseparable friend Obelix, Getafix the venerable village druid, Cacofonix, the bard, and Vitalstatistix, the chief of the tribe in these timeless and much loved adventures.
Here are 14 new stories including tales of:
- The day Asterix and Obelix were born (in the middle of a village fish fight)
- How Obelix goes back to school
- Fashion in Ancient Gaul
- How Dogmatix helps the village cockerel win a duel
- And how he is adopted as a Roman mascot
- Asterix as you've never seen him before
- Obelix's adventures under the mistletoe
- The bid for the very first Gaulish Olympics
- The birth of an idea - the story of the creation of Asterix
- And much, much more
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 10 / 2005
- 219 x 295 x 14mm