Australia's Dangerous Creatures For Dummies is a fascinating up-close portrait of life-threatening fauna down under -- including crocodiles, snakes, scorpions, sharks, octopuses, spiders and jellyfish. Also included are some creatures that might surprise you -- such as bees, koalas and emus. Along with a detailed description of each creature's characteristics and typical habitat, the authors also give you tips on avoiding these creatures in the wild -- and what to do if you can't!
Discover how to:
- survive in crocodile country
- recognise reptiles with big reputations
- identity the dangers lurking during a day at the beach
- spot creatures around your home
- stay safe while enjoying the great Australian outdoors
Included are 55 photos, 16 in full colour, and 70 diagrams. Also provided are the authors' list of Australia's ten deadliest creatures (some of the inclusions may surprise you!) and ten ways to stay safe. First aid techniques and a first aid fastfinder are included as appendices.
- Publication Date:
- 03 / 03 / 2008