Have you ever wished you could be less dependent on mass-produced items from the supermarket, less reliant on tradespeople for those around-the-home jobs or that your lifestyle was less stressful?
'Back To Basics' is the self-help book that shows you how to combine modern labour-saving techniques with traditional skills to achieve a more rewarding way of life for your family.
- Discover how to buy a plot of land in the country and build or renovate your own home
- Explore the many ways of tapping into the 'clean' - and free - energy sources of sunlight, wind and water
- Learn how to cultivate a bumper crop of pesticide-free fruit and vegetables every year - and how to raise livestock
- Experience the pleasure of bottling, pickling or freezing your produce and making your own jam, beer, wine and cider
- Choose a craft or skill - from weaving to metalwork - that suits you and discover the satisfaction that comes from making something with your own hands
- Enjoy the simple pleasures of traditional children's games and pastimes and revel in the sense of adventure that accompanies such outdoor pursuits as bushwalking, camping or canoeing