The definitive guide to CBT - what it is, how it works and how to use it in your life. All the insight, tools, practical tips and strategies, together with the confidence you need to apply the therapeutic power of CBT to your life.
* CBT is the therapy of choice for a whole host of psychological conditions including depression and anxiety which affects a fifth of the population
* THE most useful and practical guide to CBT available.
* Clear, concise and highly readable.
* Written by highly regarded Clinical Psychologist Dr Stephen Briers.
* Perfect for anybody with, or knows somebody with, any of the wide range of conditions that CBT is effective in treating or for anybody training in CBT.
Millions of people every year are diagnosed with conditions such as depression and anxiety and CBT is fast becoming the treatment of choice for these widespread conditions and a whole host of other psychological conditions like panic attacks, eating disorders and phobias. As the therapy continues to gain in popularity, the current supply of qualified CBT practioners cannot keep up, and the government has committed to the training of over 10,000 therapists to meet the demand. Brilliant CBT offers a cohesive approach to this groundbreaking therapeutic technique that unfolds in a wholly logical, accessible and practical manner whilst enabling the reader to personalize the information and apply it to their own unique situation. Written by an experienced and highly regarded clinical psychologist, Brilliant CBT has a conversational, accessible and personal tone which includes illustrative exercises, personality-style questionnaires and detailed checklists to provide all the information readers will need in a way they will find most simple and useful to put into practice. Brilliant CBT is the perfect guide for anybody who wants an effective grounding in the theory and range of practical tips and strategies designed to help them achieve authentic, lasting results when applying CBT to their own lives, or for anybody training to become a CBT practioner who wants an accessible, understandable and thorough introduction to the therapy.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 10 / 2009