This thoroughly updated and revised edition is designed specifically to meet the needs of advanced learners as well as teachers.
- Over 110,000 references: unique coverage of all word forms; thousands of new words and meanings; explanations in simple, natural English
- Over 105,000 examples: taken from the Bank of English; helping learners with real English; showing how each word is used
- Comprehensive American coverage: fully updated; British and American usage clearly shown
- 2,800 usage notes: giving information and guidance on real English
- Over 16,000 synonyms and antonyms
- Essential grammatical information shown in unique Cobuild Grammar column
- Additional help with register, frequency and usage
- Clear layout for longer entries
For practice in understanding and using the information in this dictionary, use the companion volume, the 'Collins Cobuild Dictionary Workbook'.