This completely revised and updated third edition of the classic 'Collins Dictionary of Medicine' (first published 1992) is an invaluable reference work for medical and nursing students, health service professionals, and everyone requiring an authoritative guide to modern medical terminology.
Over 13,000 entries on the theory and practice of medicine, including pharmacology, virology, psychiatry and dentistry.
Also includes terminology relevant to nursing, radiography, orthoptics, laboratory and operating theatre technology, forensic and social medicine, and public health administration.
- Descriptions of a wide variety of diseases, syndromes and conditions
- Generic and proprietary names of a broad range of important drugs
- Illustrations of all the major body systems
- New edition of well-established dictionary
- New series cover design and internal design to make text even more approachable
- Very experienced medical reference author