A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Fantasy Art on Your Computer.
'Collins Digital Fantasy Painting' is a complete guide to this fascinating medium. Featuring work from 36 renowned fantasy artists, this book helps the reader to master the skills, techniques and tools needed to create cutting-edge paintings.
Dazzling visual imagery in films such as 'The Matrix' and 'Bladerunner', as well as the sophisticated graphics of contemporary computer games, have created a new generation of digital artists. This is a practical introduction to inspire those wanting to work or play in 3D graphics.
The book begins with a review of the most popular software, showing readers the wealth of digital tools available and demonstrating how these can be used most effectively. Following on is a stunning showcase from the world's finest fantasy artists, with an in-depth look at their work.
There are step-by-step instructions and expert insights into the specific techniques needed to:
- Create realistic hair, skin and expressions
- Master the art of lighting a scene
- Design fantasy people and creatures (from demons and the undead, to monsters, dragons and robots)
- Bring breathtaking landscapes to life
- Bring all the elements together to create a finished piece of art
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 10 / 2003
- 202 x 235mm