A Mine of Information.
This book looks at how we have explored space:
- Observations and star maps
- Telescopes - from Galileo to Hubble
- Discovering about the planets, stars and comets
- Exploring space - satellites and unmanned planetary probes
- Human exploration in space - Yuri Gagarin, reaching for the moon, the space shuttle and the space station
- Surviving in space
With plenty of illustrations, time charts and data boxes, this book covers all the key aspects of our exploration of space so far.