The Visual Phrasebook and Dictionary.
Why don't things abroad work the same way as at home when they look so familiar? This book is an illustrated phrase book for situations where you don't need words, with those essential phrases when you do.
How were you to know that you had to weigh your own fruit in the supermarket, or that the unidentified machine on the platform was where you should have punched your ticket before getting on the train, or that the barman is trying to tell you to pay for your drink at the cash till before you can order it at the bar, or that the tidbits he places by your side are for everyone, not just for you to scoff?
This key to hassle-free travel features:
- Answers to the questions you want to ask
- The Spanish you need to know
- The practical know-how to get by
- Up-to-date dictionary containing practical vocabulary
- An illustrated menu reader to help you sample the best food
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 07 / 2001
- 108 x 185mm