The flagship title in the Collins World atlas range‚ giving a full picture of the Earth through the use of maps‚ satellite images‚ space and aerial photography‚ 3D terrain models and graphics. These features are further enhanced by fact boxes and internet links on each topic.
This Collins world atlas presents a complete view of the world‚ bringing it to life through innovative maps‚ stunning images and detailed content. It offers an exciting perspective on how the planet is made up‚ how it looks and how it works. This atlas takes you further than traditional world atlases giving a more complete understanding of the world.
- Serbia and Montenegro split into 2 independent countries
- New joint capital of Myanmar- Naypyidaw
- Golmud-Lhasa railway in Tibet now open
- Longest cross ocean bridge to the south of Shanghai
- Aral Sea and Lake Chad continue to shrink in size