A paperback edition of this general reference atlas in the exciting new Collins range. This atlas provides a comprehensive view of today's world and major geographical issues through highly accurate and accessible reference maps, beautifully illustrated thematic spreads and detailed world statistics. It is created in the distinctive and dynamic new Collins style established by the award-winning 'Collins New World Atlas'.
New, detailed, highly accurate and up-to-date reference maps are presented in the attractive new Collins specification. The maps have been designed and created specifically for this format and provide balanced coverage of the whole world.
Highly illustrative world and continental thematic spreads complement the reference maps and provide detailed information on major geographical themes and world issues. Topics, which include climate and weather, the oceans, population, the world economy, health and communications, are presented through maps, satellite images, photographs, statistics and graphics. These are backed up by detailed world statistics on key socioeconomic indicators.
The comprehensive index contains over 45,000 place names and includes special gazetteer-style entries which provide key facts about selected places and geographical features around the world.
- 92 pages of detailed reference maps of the world
- 48 highly illustrated world and continental thematic pages
- Details of all the world's states and territories
- World statistics of major socio-economic indicators
- Index to over 45,000 place names
- Highly visual presentation of major world issues
- Stunning satellite image and aerial photographs
- Detailed world statistics
- Design elements developed from the award-winning 'Collins New World Atlas'
- A4 paperback format ideal for school and college use
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 05 / 2004
- 226 x 312mm