This new edition of the popular MINI WORLD ATLAS been brought fully up-to-date to reflect all recent global changes. Designed in the distinctive Collins style‚ this is a detailed guide to the world in a handy format.
Detailed maps‚ specifically designed for this small format‚ provide balanced and up-to-date coverage of the world. The maps rely on the latest cartographic technology to ensure their accuracy‚ accessibility and distinctive style. The level of detail is impressive for such a small format atlas‚ and the index contains references to over 20‚000 place names.
Major updates include:
* Serbia and Montenegro split into 2 independent countries
* New joint capital of Myanmar- Naypyidaw
* Golmud-Lhasa railway in Tibet now open
* Longest cross ocean bridge to the south of Shanghai
* Aral Sea continues to shrink in size
* Big new reservoir in Portugal - Barragem de Alqueva
* Coastal changes in China at mouth of Huang He and at Mouths of Ganges in Bangladesh
* large number of new road and railways added and over 250 place names changed
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 06 / 2009
- 106 x 151mm