Reflexology is a unique system of foot massage based on holistic principles and springing from the same Chinese roots as acupuncture. By locating and massaging the reflexology points on the foot, which relate to the different parts of the body, we can redress the imbalance of energy which can cause stress and ill health.
Beautifully illustrated and full of specially commissioned photographs, this practical guide includes:
- The history of reflexology and the importance of its holistic approach
- The anatomy of feet and the workings of reflexology
- The meridian system and how it works
- The use of foot massage to achieve a positive and balanced lifestyle
- Self-treatment and basic techniques
- A thorough reference section
This practical guide offers the reader a window into this remarkable therapy which can treat and prevent a whole variety of ailments. It is ideal for both the novice and experienced reflexologist alike.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 03 / 2002
- 192 x 265mm