A full colour illustrated guide, suitable for home-use and practitioners that makes a rewarding guide and essential reading for those who seek to restore a sense of calm and harmony to their lives.
Massage is one of the most natural ways to de-stress the human body. Exhaustively researched, handsomely illustrated and precisely written, this book is a beautifully designed, informative and, above all, practical guide to the therapeutic powers of massage. Comprehensive and thorough, this "how to" book reveals everything you need to know about the principles and practice of massage so you can experience the benefits of this therapy yourself.
- The origin, development and rationale of massage
- Massage treatments - from Western methods to Eastern techniques
- Self-help massage as an aid to relaxation
- Using massage to help combat stress and fight fatigue
- Step-by-step routines and treatments