When you use Excel Basic Skills: English Workbook Year 4, you will be practising recognising and writing many of the text type you learn at school. Several of the sample texts have been written by students in Year 4 and are good examples of what a Year 4 student can achieve.
The Excel series of English Workbooks for Years 3–6 will help primary school students with the reading and writing they do every day at school — in English and in other subjects. Each chapter is set out as a separate unit of work covering a different type of writing (‘text type’) and contains exercises that relate to that particular text type.
In this book you will find:
- Eleven chapters, each set out as a unit of work covering a particular text type (such as narratives, letters, speeches and information reports), including a chapter on writing for school projects
- Exercises and activities in each chapter which are directly linked to the text type covered
- Practice in skills such as spelling, grammar, vocabulary, punctuation and comprehension
- Interesting and relevant sample texts, including many written by Year 4 students, with important features highlighted
- Answers to all questions at the back of the book.