The Excel series of English Workbooks for Years 3-6 will help primary school students with the writing and reading they do every day at school - in English and in other subjects. Each chapter is set out as a separate unit of work covering a different type of writing ('text type') and contains exercises that relate to that particular text type.
- eleven chapters, each set out as a unit of work covering a particular text type (such as narratives, poems, information reports and discussions), including a chapter on writing for school research projects
- exercises and activities in each chapter which are directly linked to the text type covered
- practice in skills such as spelling, grammar, vocabulary, punctuation and comprehension
- interesting and relevant sample texts, including many written by Year 5 students, with important features highlighted
- answers to all questions at the back of the book