The Excel Primary Spelling Handbook Years 3-6 will prove valuable to the following groups of students:
- Students in Years 3-6 requiring a more comprehensive coverage of spelling and word skills
- Students from a non-English speaking background who will benefit from a structured page-by-page approach to the development of standard English spelling.
The Excel Spelling Handbook:
- is a handy reference.
- will increase students’ vocabulary development and associated word skills.
- covers one specific point of spelling in each single-page worksheet.
- reviews the basic sounds.
- provides a variety of word-building strategies.
- develops dictionary skills.
- explains spelling rules and identifies common exceptions.
- details the origins of words by studying common Latin and Greek roots.
- includes word lists to further develop knowledge of English spelling.
- features a variety of progress tests for each unit.
- provides answers and explanations for self-assessment.