This ground-breaking book introduces investors to the wide world of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) - from Brazilian equities to Asian technology, US microcaps to Australian miners. They will learn which ETFs offer the best choices, how to evaluate ETFs and trade them in various market conditions as part of a winning investment strategy.
The total amount of money invested in ETFs has quadrupled over the past five years. There are now a number of ETFs that can be traded on the Australian Securities Exchange, as well as many more that are traded easily online in other markets (specifically the US markets).
Some of the reasons for the popularity of ETFs are:
• Lower fees and transaction costs
• Access to a selection of companies within an entire index or sector
• Excellent liquidity, flexibility and control • Easy to trade with vastly superior returns to managed funds
• Potential to earn income from dividends
• Ability to trade with a stop loss, therefore limiting risk.